Friday, July 8, 2022

Little Things Makes me Happy!

Sometimes life can get crazy and it’s difficult to find the time to do the things that brings us joy. The problem is that when you do go through tough times and change, you’re not really the same person you once were. You have these new, unpleasant life-changing experiences, yes. What you also have are the lessons that came along with them. But taking some time out to appreciate and be grateful for simple pleasures really helps me stay positive and happy. Deep down, it doesn’t take much to make me happy, and it’s the simple things that always bring a smile to my face. 



Some days just don’t go your way. Because some days are tougher than the others. Some days you just need a reminder that the smallest of things can bring the brightest of joys. While thinking about “What makes me Happy”? A list of things that make me happy, and as an added bonus, they don’t even cost. I am not someone difficult to please. The smallest of things puts a smile on my face. 

Early morning I sit quietly for a few minutes and look out of the window. There’s nothing different every new day but the energy is abundant from nature. The cool breeze on my face and body makes me happy The sky and its different moods fill me with inexplicable joy. Whether it is a bright blue cloudless sky or one in which there’s a display of thick clouds, it doesn’t matter. Just standing in the balcony and watching the rain fall or a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, the gently swaying coconut palms is enough to bring on the elation. 

The soothing sounds of ‘rain’ and even ‘thunderstorms’! How many of you love the sound of pouring down rain and first seeing that ‘flash of light’ streaking through the sky followed by the crackling sound of thunder?! this indeed puts me in an elevated mood. Going for a Walk: I enjoy the beauty of the nature. Watching the sun rise and watching the birds going out of their nests fills you with joy.

 A song, a message, a smile, a good book, a surprise gift, Cooking meal something that turns out delicious, putting clothes to dry on the line, looking around at your just-tidied home with everything in its place, friends who visit… a full night’s sleep rare to me nowadays, Listening to loud music, finding the right song to match my mood, gazing upon an amazing sunrise or sunset, finding nd chasing a butterfly,taking the time to hear and listen to the birds singing,gazing up at the stars on a clear night, making something I’m pleased with, when my husband makes me laugh( Its very rare)a good book with happy ending, having time to myself to watch a show I like; time by myself to do whatever I want with, finding ways to celebrate the seasons. 

Feeding birds, walking barefoot on grass, walking in the woods, when I find solution to problems, being appreciated, be pampered, good painting, shopping paint & brushes,The excitement of opening a new one, Watching my house plants grow, watching kids play, Feeling you get after good cry, after eating sweet if sugar level is normal wow what a feeling! The list of things that please me and makes me Smile, is endless and long. But taking some time out to appreciate and be grateful for simple pleasures really helps me stay positive and happy.

 Deep down, it doesn’t take much to make me happy, and it’s the simple things that always bring a smile to my face You need to take a break and smile. You need to look around and feel happiness. This adds more positivity to you and simple things make you happy. There could be many other things which can be added to the list. Make your list of little things which make you happy.

Life may not let me choose my lot,

But whether I'd be happy or not...

That is my choice.

Enjoy little things in life, for some day you realize it were the big things.

No comments: